Saturday 8 April 2017

March 2017

Um...oops? I was getting into a nice rhythm with the whole two-posts-a-month thing but (shockingly) I dropped the ball a mere three months into 2017...but I'm back back back back again and I'm gonna make up for my absence with a bumper post of what is a list of absolutely incredible music - March has been phenomenal.

There are several reasons as to why this post is a *tad* late; firstly, I've been working on uni assessments for the past 2/3 weeks (fun!!!1!) and by day I've been pretending to be a Civil Servant in Westminster for the past week (which was genuinely fun). 

Aside from those commendable and objectively important activities (and trying not to fail French...probably unsuccessfully), I also spent the past month immersing myself into the cool and bat-shit crazy waters of the Eurovision Song Contest, which anyone who knows me knows is one of the greatest joys and passions in my life. From podcasts, to performances, to press conferences, blogs and vlogs; I am fully obsessed with the commentary available online in the run-up to the contest in Kiev in just over a month from now.

As such, I will be doing some Eurovision posts in the coming weeks for the first time ever. I am so fucking excited. I would say that I hope to convert some Eurovision skeptics but to be totally honest I couldn't care less; this is for ME and those who love the spectacle as much as I do.

Now onto the incredible crop of new music the world was treated to in March 2017, with the usual (updated) Spotify playlist to follow:

Songs
Laura Marling - Nothing, No One
Lorde - Green light
Perfume Genius - Slip Away
Kendrick Lamar - HUMBLE.
Land of Talk - Inner Lover
Khalid - Young Dumb & Broke
Little Dragon - Sweet
Mabel ft. Kojo Funds - Finders Keepers
Gorillaz ft. Popcaan - Saturnz Barz
Beach Fossils - This Year
Juana Molina - Cosoco
Kelly Lee Owens - Throwing Lines 
Girlpool - 123
Feist - Pleasure
Charli XCX - Dreamer 
Valerie June - If And



Discovery of the month

Thanks to NPR, I discovered this delightful bunch - a band called Tank and the Bangas, who recently won the highly-competitive Tiny Desk Contest with the energetic, frantic and relentlessly-joyful 'Quick'. Enjoy it below:



Albums
Charli XCX - Number 1 Angel
Kelly Lee Owens - Kelly Lee Owens
Lydia Ainsworth - Darling of the Afterglow
Valerie June - The Order Of Time
Nadia Reid - Preservation
Ibibio Sound Machine - Uyai
Laura Marling - Semper Femina
Blanck Mass - World Eater
Goldfrapp - Silver Eye
Julia Holter - In The Same Room
Pharmakon - Contact

March 2017 - Bad for the world, good for music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment