Monday 26 August 2013

SEPTEMBER ALBUMS TO GET EXCITED ABOUT

I wrote this post for Pyramid Online the other day and though I'd put it up on here because it's one of my best posts yet so...

2013 has already been a vintage year in terms of album releases, with the likes of Laura Marling, Palma Violets, Deap Vally and Disclosure all delivering incredible albums. However the best is yet to come, September sees the release of albums which I have been eagerly anticipated for years such as HAIM and The 1975. In fact, there are so many hot releases next month that I have concocted a clever little list of the albums you cannot afford to miss:

HAIM – Days Are Gone

Image244
HAIM have been on my radar for well over a year now, ever since their Forever video dropped I have been eagerly anticipating this album and the time has finally come. Since then they haven’t put a foot wrong, every single they release is better than their previous and this bodes very well for their debut album. I am ready to be blown away.
Release date: 30th September

CHVRCHES- The Bones Of What You Believe
 Image97
I was totally knocked for six when I heard CHVRCHES’ epic debut single Lies, the same happened with their second single The Mother We Share. Before their debut EP Recover dropped I though their was no chance of them doing it again, but they did. I’m expecting to be knocked once more when their LP drops in late September, my body is ready.
Release Date: 23rd September

Arctic Monkeys – AM

Image393

Back in 2006, Arctic Monkeys released one of the best albums ever made; Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not was their record breaking debut album which set the standard pretty high for their future releases. I was slightly underwhelmed by their other albums, but I have faith that this will redefine them once again and possibly match the greatness of their debut album. If the singles Do I Wanna Know and Why’d You Only Call Me When You’re High are any indication, this album will put them back on top.
Release Date: 9th September

The 1975 – The 1975

Image535

Following a series of critically acclaimed EPs and heavy radio support, The 1975 have become of the UK’s biggest new bands. Early reviews of their self-titled debut album have hailed it as one of the best Indie-rock albums in years. If your still not convinced, I’m sure one of the albums 16(!) tracks will sway you.
Release Date: 2nd September

London Grammar – If You Wait

Image316
London Grammar are one of 2013’s many success stories, despite not being signed to a major label they have built up a massive following as well as a top 40 single and heavy radio support. If their debut EP Metal & Dust is anything to go by, this album will be a special one.
Release Date: 9nd September

VV Brown – Sampson & Delilah
 Image108

After disappearing for 4 years, VV Brown is back with a new image and a new dark-electronic sound. I was apprehensive at first but after hearing her latest single ‘The Apple’ (arguably the song of 2013, so far) I am excited to see what she comes up with next. Expect menacing drums, heavy beats and immaculate, haunting vocals.
Release Date: 9th September

I would start saving now.

No comments:

Post a Comment